County Clerk & Election Officer
REGISTERED VOTERS as of 10/24/18 Democratic: 4,750 Libertarian: 165 Republicans: 10,993 Unaffiliated: 6,463 Total: 22,371
800 N Main, PO Box 687, Newton, KS 67114
Voter Registration for the General Election ends October 16, 2018
Every voter must show photo ID when voting. A voter requesting a ballot by mail must either write his or her driver’s license number on the application or send a copy of a photo ID to get a ballot.
VALID PHOTOGRAPHIC IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The following documents may be used as identification for purposes of voting in Kansas:
- Driver’s license or ID card issued by Kansas or by another state
- U.S. passport
- Student ID card from an accredited postsecondary education institution in Kansas
- U.S. military ID
- Employee badge or identification document issued by a government office
- Concealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas or by another state
- Public assistance identification card issued by a government office
A voter age 65 or older may use an expired document.
Certain individuals are exempt from the ID requirements: permanent advance voters (voters with illnesses or disabilities), overseas military voters and their spouses and dependents, and voters with religious objections who sign declarations.
Multiple Ways to Register to Vote or Update Your Voter Registration
- REQUEST to be registered to vote when renewing your Kansas Drivers License or ID
- ONLINE Registration - if you have a valid Kansas ID click here to register online
- DOWNLOAD Kansas Voter Registration Application - click here for form fillable PDF (type in information, print, sign and return to election office)
- DOWNLOAD Kansas Voter Registration Application - click here for plain PDF (print, complete, sign and return to election office)
- PICK UP Kansas Voter Registration Application form at Election Office, City Office, Library, Health Department, party office, voter registration drive or one of many other locations. (complete, sign and return to election office)
- CALL or EMAIL the Harvey County Election office at 316-284-6839 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Kansas Voter Registration Application. (complete, sign and return to election office)
Applications can be returned in-person, by mail, fax or email. Remember that if your name or address has changed you must submit a new Kansas Voter Registration Application at least 21 days prior to election day. Party Affiliation changes for the August 7 primary must be completed prior to noon on June 1.
Election Forms, Links and Information:
Photo ID is Required to Vote - Take it to the Polls